Scientific Computing // Wissenschaftliches Rechnen
The group Scientific Computing conducts research and development on high performance storage systems. We develop HPC concepts and apply them to simulation software with a focus on earth system models.
The group offers products for research and teaching, and contributes to third-party projects.
- 2022-12: Next ISC will be in Hamburg. If you are interested in gathering experiences regarding a scientific conference about computer science, you could apply as a student volunteer.
- 2022-11: Due to internal maintenance we have to shutdown our systems (including this website) from 2022-11-10 to 2022-11-14
- 2022-10: In cooperation with DKRZ we have organized a german invited Lustre Workshop with great talks and discussion about national development and contributions to the Lustre project
- 2022-03: In cooperation with DKRZ we have offered a beginner's course about Python in earth sciences.
Lehre im Sommersemester 2023
Vorlesungszeit: 2023-04-03 – 2023-07-15
- Projekt „Parallele Systeme“ (Ansprechpartner: Anna Fuchs)
- Editorial Themenheft Digitale Landwirtschaft, 2023-02 Publication details – DOI – Publication
- Ein Simulationsmodell zur Erfassung von Abflussrisiken in der Landwirtschaft, 2023-02 Publication details – DOI – Publication
- Deriving pre-eutrophic conditions from an ensemble model approach for the North-West European Seas, 2023 Publication details
- Data-Aware Compression for HPC using Machine Learning, 2022-06-14 Publication details – DOI
- ICG-EMO report on model comparison for historical scenarios as basis to derive new threshold values., 2022 Publication details – URL
- For more details, see the list of all publications.
- Data-Aware Compression for HPC using Machine Learning (Julius Plehn), Master's Thesis, 2022-05-09, Thesis – Publication details
- Performance study on GPU offloading techniques using the Gauß matrix inverse algorithm (Yannik Koenneker), Bachelor's Thesis, 2022-03-04, Thesis – Publication details
- Analysis of elastic Cloud solutions in an HPC Environment (Johannes Coym), Master's Thesis, 2021-10-23, Thesis – Publication details
- Optimising Scientific Software for Heterogeneous Cluster Computers: Evaluation of Machine Learning Methods for Source Code Classification (Ruben Felgenhauer), Master's Thesis, 2021-09-23, Thesis – Publication details
- Scimon - Scientific Monitor for Automated Run Logging and Reproducibility (Daniel Bremer), Master's Thesis, 2021-06-09, Publication details
- For more details, see the list of all theses.
start.txt · Last modified: 2023-03-08 13:46 by Jannek Squar